With famous YouTubers like David Dobrik hopping on the Podcast wagon, it’s no doubt they are becoming more and more popular; however, it’s important to find the best Podcasts out there. Not only are there comedic episodes, but there are several Podcasts that are both enlightening and entertaining that will leave you wanting more.
1. Lore – An enlightening take on unconventional history. Lore addresses the source of some of the world’s most famous folklore and sheds light on the stories no matter how frightening.
2. Serial – Season 1 investigated the murder of 18-year old Hae Min Lee and followed the story all the way to June of 2016. Serial is an in-depth, Dateline-style, look into crime investigations.
3. Welcome to Night Vale – One of the most entertaining podcasts on the market, the small town of Night Vale is the setting for a series of strange events. Imagine X-Files meets The Twilight Zone written by Ray Bradbury; Welcome to Night Vale never fails to captivate its audience and is perfect for a stormy night.
4. The Allusionist – A podcast for all lovers of language, The Allusionist shines a light on how the English language came about. It covers everything from ‘Antartica’ to ‘zeugma’ and will leave you wanting to know more.
5. On Being – “What does it mean to be human?” This is the overarching question that fuels discussion within On Being. Among those who have been interviewed on the show include: Yo-Yo Ma, Maya Angelou, and Elie Wiesel. The conversation covers anything from religion to human nature.
6. Here Be Monsters – An interesting take on the things we are too scared to talk about. The staff isn’t afraid to attack any topic under the sun, no matter how controversial or uncomfortable, and address why humans act the way they do.
7. The One You Feed – A podcast dedicated to discussions on mental health and the overall psychology of the human brain. Highly enlightening on the subject of the human condition and what makes us tick.