Today, I would like to share with you one of the simpler methods of getting into the spooky spirit (without watching a two-hour long movie). With it just being 10 days until Halloween, I thought it would be suitable to provide you all with an ‘Ultimate Halloween TV Guide’! Personally, one of my favorite things to do for Halloween is to watch something ‘Halloween’ related every day to prep for the big day- almost like a Christmas advent calendar, but for Halloween and with TV instead!
You can go about this in two ways, either choose a Halloween-y styled show or watch every Halloween themed episode of all the series you love. Here are some shows and episodes that I recommend to you:
- American Horror Story– Well it says it in its name, ‘Horror Story’ therefore, every episode, never mind a season, sets you on edge and definitely shares a few gruesome scares. Each season is completely different, with plots, and things to creep you out- from ghost houses, asylums with aliens, witches to freak shows to hotels with vampires. For this show, I specifically recommend the first or fourth season, as they were my personal favorites! Trust me when I say that this is worth a watch if you want the Halloween vibes.
- The Vampires Diaries– If you fancy a watching a show filled with eye candy, who are also vampires, werewolves, and witches, then this is the show for you! filled with blood, terror and love, this show takes you on a journey as Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) battles between a choice between the two Salvatore brothers along with other life choices and tragedies. I must say that this is a show, regardless of it Halloween season, that every teen must watch!
- Teen Wolf – After Scott McCall (Tyler Posey) is bitten by a creature in the night, his life changes completely. Scott and his friends encounter different worlds of supernatural as they come to the town of Beacon Hills. Watching this series will definitely put you in the Halloween mood through encountering werewolves, banshees and other creatures. In addition, you will also watch each character grow and fall in love with them (Specifically Stiles Stilinski, played by Dylan O’Brien)
- Pretty Little Liars– After four friends attend their missing friends funeral, they individually begin receiving mysterious texts from ‘A’, who begins threatening them by unravelling their darkest secrets. Could this be their missing friend, Allison? This show hooks you from the start and leaves you questioning every character on if they can be trusted. A must for Halloween, especially with its thriller-like theme and Halloween episodes.
- Stranger Things– When a young boy disappears, his mom, best friends and police officers set out to find him, instead they find a girl who is eager to run away and hide, but from what? They soon realise that a missing person’s investigation isn’t just what this is and come to discover that a governmental organisation has secrets that are leaving the town in danger. Stranger Things is the perfect Halloween binge watch on Netflix.
Single episodes are a lot easier to get through than a whole series or season! It’s always fun to watch a shows Halloween special, one of my favorites being Pretty Little Liars’ and The Office’s- both very contrasting, yet very good- one puts you on edge, whilst the other makes you laugh until your stomach hurts.
- Friends– ‘The One With the Halloween Party‘
- How I Met Your Mother– ‘Slutty Pumpkin‘ + ‘The Slutty Pumpkin Returns‘
- Stranger Things– ‘Trick or treat, freak‘
- Freaks and Geeks– ‘Tricks and treats‘
- The Office– ‘Halloween‘ + ‘Costume Contest‘ + ‘Spooked‘ + ‘Here Comes Treble‘
- New Girl– ‘Halloween‘
- Glee– ‘The Rocky Horror Glee Show‘
- Modern Family– ‘Halloween‘ + ‘Open House of Horrors‘ + ‘Halloween 3: AwesomeLand‘ + ‘Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook‘ + ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Phil Dunphy‘
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine– ‘Halloween‘ + ‘Halloween II‘ + ‘Halloween III‘ + ‘Halloween IV‘ + ‘HalloVeen‘
- Parks and Recreation– ‘Greg Pikitis‘
- Pretty Little Liars-‘The first secret‘ + ‘This is a dark ride‘ + ‘Grave new world
Kids Halloween TV Episodes and Shorts Movies:
We may be teenagers, but cartoons are always the best!
- Disney’s Animated Shorts– A range of animated shorts by Disney including: ‘Lonesome ghosts‘ + ‘Pluto’s Judgement Day‘ + ‘Trick or Treat‘. Most of the Halloween themed shorts can be collectively watched through, ‘Mickeys House of Villains‘, or found online via Youtube.
- Toy Story of Terror – Spookiness arises as Woody and the other toys stay at a roadside motel, their own begin to go missing, and it’s up to them to solve the mystery. A great watch that is both Halloween related and revisits the Toy Story world.
- Boo to You Too! Winnie the Pooh– Halloween has come again, and our lovable bear and his crew get ready to enjoy the day, however, Piglet is too scared to join them.
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown– As Charlie and his friends go Trick or Treating for Halloween, Linus stays behind to wait for the Great Pumpkin… again. Back into the Charlie Brown world, and even better a Halloween special, this episode is great to prep for Halloween in a non-scary format.
- Dream Works Spooky Stories/Shrek’s Thrilling Tales– These Halloween specials are both spooky and funny as it depicts a series of Halloween stories told by Shrek and his friends, a pig who cried wolf, followed by a battle between Ginormica and the monsters and mutant alien pumpkins, zombie carrots…
Featured Image Via IMDb